– Shayna Baszler, WWE NXT
– L’Arachel, Fire Emblem Heroes
This quote’s meaning can be interpreted in a few ways:
- Be grateful for what you already have.
- Instead of complaining, find a way to improvise with whatever tools are available to you.
- Friends and family are more important than material possessions.
– The Delgados, lyrics from The Light Before We Land (opening theme of Gunslinger Girl)
– Edward Snowden
His full quote (starting from 30:57 in the video): “You shouldn’t change your behaviour, because a government agency somewhere is doing the wrong thing. If we sacrifice our values because we’re afraid, we don’t care about those values.”
Snowden’s quote resonates very deeply with me (not because he shares my name), but because it makes absolute sense. If you allow yourself to be affected by terror, if you change your behaviour because you’re afraid, then the terrorists have already won.
– Tom Davies
via: The Telegraph
Nice quote from Everton’s new rising young 18-year-old footballer, Tom Davies.
Find out what you are good at in life, and learn to be good at it. Just be yourself and enjoy your passions.
– Maho Hiyajo, Steins;Gate 0
Original quote in Japanese:
– Stick (played by Scott Glenn), Daredevil Season 1 Episode 7
A great quote about how anger, if left unchecked, will eventually lead to one’s downfall.
via Faith It: How I Saved My Marriage
A beautiful quote from a well-written anecdote about how a husband and wife eventually managed to agree on a compromise in their relationship.
– En Sabah Nur (aka Apocalypse), X-Men: Apocalypse
– Johan Cruyff
I wasn’t even born yet to watch Johan play, only managed to see his son Jordi play for Manchester United in the late 1990s. But my father sums it up best: “Without Cruyff, Barcelona would not be what they are today.”
Pele may have been the greatest, most prolific goalscorer in football history, but no other player/manager like Cruyff has had such a massive impact at whatever team he plays for or manages for. Rest in peace.