Location: BugisGames played: 18
Games won: 5
Games lost: 13 Time spent in arcade: 6 hours
– Tried out VSion’s jB jump cancel pressure. Seems quite effective. – Discovered the awesomeness of her 5A poke pressure. This is VERY effective. – Able to incorporate more of VSion’s summons into her blockstrings now. – Blockstringing _seems_ to have improved again… except against Farhan. He knows how to exploit gaps in my blockstring and punish me. Negative points
– Over-jumping appears to be my bad habit now. According to Joel, VSion should play a more grounded game and apply pressure with her 5A. Do not rely too much on jB for pressure. – Still need to learn to use her jC more as an air-to-air. Kept using her jB instead… not as effective for air-to-air. – Starting to drop combos again at crucial times… argh! Need to be more consistent. – Once again, took a 2-0 lead (this time against Kilvear’s Aoko) but ended up losing 2-3. The match is never over till it’s over. DO NOT be complacent and overconfident! Things to improve on
– Practice her jB jump cancel crossups. Need to get used to her jump cancel or dash cancel trajectory. – Really, really need that extra jC jump cancel at the end of her BnB. Die die must learn in practice mode. – Must learn to set up opportunities for VSion’s AD bite once she has entered Heat mode. Character specific match-ups: Riesbyfe Stridberg
– Holy crap. Even though I know what to expect from her, I still have no idea how to fight her. She has very strong blockstring pressure plus simple combos for high damage. Couldn’t touch her at all. – If Ries is in BLOOD HEAT = time to TURTLE. Felt really stupid when I was baited into Ries’ Last Arc shield attack. – Time to hit YouTube and see how other players deal with Ries. Aoko Aozaki
– Very interesting and fun opponent to fight against. As Joel and Ming Jun mentioned, she has zero mix-ups and cross-ups. So blocking against her blockstring pressure shouldn’t be too much trouble. – Her strength comes from her keep-away and zoning tools. The orb is a powerful offensive weapon for locking the opponent’s free space down (ahem, KOF2003 Malin anyone?). It is also a defensive “shield” of sorts — forcing opponents to stop their combos halfway or risk getting hit by a pre-placed orb. – It _seems_ that VSion can use 6[B] to punish Aoko during her orb startup animation. Comes out fast enough to hit Aoko before she can recover. Need to test this more. – Beware of Aoko’s charged unblockable projectiles. Only way to avoid them is to jump. Kouma Kishima
– Grapple character. Many, many grapple attacks. Be alert and be prepared to jump to avoid his grabs. – Has strong blockstrings… but does not appear to have much mixups for overheads and sweeps. – Need to play more against this character.
– I think she’s my new nemesis. No idea how to fight her due to lack of experience. – Powerful projectile, tricky overhead mixup. Strong pressure from close-range and mid-range.
– A slower VAkiha without paper armour. Again, not really sure how to fight her. – Beware her supers when she has meter: flame pillar is air unblockable; Demon-blood grab comes out really fast and can reverse opponents.