Games played: 22
Games won: 4
Games lost: 18
– Finally able to land H-Vsion’s BnB consistently
– Blockstringing _seems_ to have improved
– Able to follow-up after counter-hit and corner ground throw now
– Was able to lockdown Asuka’s VAkiha in the air with repeated jC and J6As and continuous follow-up jumps Negative points (DO NOT repeat them!)
– STOP using throws as a defensive tool. This is not KOF you dumbshit.
– Stop trying to mash out of a blockstring (especially against Asuka’s VAkiha)
– Do not use 5C by itself to counterattack — its startup is VERY slow and will get you punished. Always input 5B or 2B beforehand, then combo into 5C.
– DO NOT use 623A or 623B as anti-airs. They are shit. Use EX uppercut instead. Other points to take note of and train for the future
– Ning suggests using 2C, 5C, 3C loop to catch counter-hits and corner throws instead of 2B, 5B. More damage.
– Don’t make it a habit of inputting air 2B _everytime_ after finishing BnB throw. Opponent can tech forward to escape pressure while VSion is diving downwards. Stagger the usage of air 2B to keep opponent guessing.
– Learn to abuse her jC more.
– Do not panic under opponent’s blockstring pressure. Block, block, block! Block properly, dammit.
– Learn to combo into her EX uppercut in the corner. Creates invisible space behind the opponent — can do airdash crossup after that. Character-specific matchups: White Len
– Still have no idea how to fight against her effectively.
– If playing keep-away, H-VSion’s 6B and ground cuts will lose to White Len’s ice blocks and ice-boomerang-thingy.
– If playing point-blank, White Len has a lot of priority on her normals. Easy to get reversed (especially during own blockstring pressure)
– Annoying after-image dash is confusing as hell. Does VSion have a specific counter to this?
– Time to hit YouTube to see how others fight White Len. Tohno Shiki
– Nothing special here… he’s a very basic character with not much room for variety or mixups.
– Still, very high-damage for his BnB combos. Beware that retarded long leg.
– Bullet-time slowdown for his supers are a bit confusing… must prepare a means to avoid and counter-attack them.
– Most Tohno and Nanaya players love using DP on wakeup. Learn to bait and punish it? Sion
– Interesting character to fight against…
– (Ridiculously) Overpowered DP. Asuka says teching forward in the air is the correct course of action when hit by DP. Any other actions will just lead to more follow-up DP juggles.
– Farp says DO NOT try to shield her ricochet bullets. VAkiha
– Do not be complacent or nervous when in the lead. Lost many games to Asuka exactly because of this reason.
– There is no way to escape her EX flame pit in the corner. Just block, block, block until an opening appears.